Learn more about compatible devices including smart devices and heart rate monitors.
Compatible Phones and Tablets
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5 C/S/SE, 6, 6S, 6 plus, and newer
- iPad 3rd generation, 4th generation, Air, Air 2, Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, and newer
How to check which Apple device you have: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471
- Most Android devices that run Android 4.3 or newer are compatible
- Learn: How to update your Android OS to the latest version
- Bluetooth 4.0 (also called Smart or LE)
- List of Android devices that are compatible with Ant+
- Even if your device supports Ant+, you may need to install the Ant Radio Service to activate Ant+ use
- Examples include:
- Nexus 4, 5, 7 (2nd edition), 10, and newer
- Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, and newer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and newer
Your device not listed here?
If you are not sure about the above information, your device’s manufacturer should easily be able to tell you if your device uses Bluetooth 4.0 and/or measures RR intervals. If they can’t, we would recommend not doing business with them. Look for the contact form on your device manufacturer’s website. Here is how to find out if your device is compatible: Phone or Tablet Send a message to your phone or tablet’s manufacturer asking, “Does this device receive Bluetooth 4.0 signals?” – make sure to tell them what device and version you have. Heart Rate Monitor Send a message to your heart rate monitor’s manufacturer asking, “Does this heart rate monitor capture RR intervals? Also, does it have Bluetooth 4.0 capability?” – make sure to tell them what heart rate monitor you have.